Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ooohh Oooh Ooohh Oooh Oooooooh...

I got a new attitude! Or, at least I'm trying. =) It's been a crazy weekend. Nick's dad went into the hospital Thursday for shortness of breath, and it ended up that he needed triple bypass. He had surgery Friday. The surgery went fine, only now he isn't acting like him self, he'll get hung up on one certain word, like "okay" or "hey" stare off into space, not very responsive. They did a CT scan today and it came back ok, but they need to do an MRI because they think he's got blood clots in his brain. They have to wait until tomorrow to do the MRI because he still has the pacemaker wires in. This is scary business. So while all of this is going on, I was still in my crazy, emotinal, irration, depression. I wasn't being the most supportive wife to my husband, and he was at his wits end with my foul mood, and crying. So yesterday evening we had the most honest conversation with eachother, and I really feel better about everything. He's working on being more open with me, and I'm working on finding my "happy" again and trying not to let infertility define me. Be impressed, all of this is while I'm waiting on AF to show up. Since Nick's dad is at St. Vincents, we will be in B'ham until late, so I'm going to take a separate car and stay with my friend Hayden Monday night. I'm going to suck it up, and just go take the blood pregnancy test, then head into work. I'm at peace with not being pregnant this month, because my husband has agreed that we will start the adoption process at the end of this year. We are going to continue with treatments until then, but we know we want a child...although we would absolutely adore a bilogical child, we will have a family no matter what. I am looking forward to a month of no medication...we decided it wouldn't make any sense to persue treatment until Nick's boys had further testing. Continue to pray for us, and pray for Nick's dad. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I love ya Rach!! I will keep you and all your families in my thoughts and prayers! AND your birthday present from me should be there in a few days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm sorry about Nick's dad! Kind of puts things into perspective, doesn't it? I will be praying that they figure out what all is going on and how best to help him quickly!

    ReplyDelete