Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

What? A good day?

I have had the best day today. There was nothing particularly great about it, but I just felt good. I didn't have a bad headache last night, I slept well, and I woke up ready for the day. It's been so long since I've had a good day, I've forgotten how nice it is.

With all my IF struggles, I have not been present in mind at my job for a while. Don't get me wrong. I love my job, and my students are great. I was just going through the motions of work. It was like I was almost annoyed with my precious students for no reason at all. For whatever reason that my body and mind decided to wake up and cooperate today, I'm sure glad that they did. For a good thirty minutes today I had 3 of 5 of my students up and playing chase with me. It was a silly improv game I came up with, but they played along and it went well. One of my students with Down's Syndrome (we'll call him T) had a toy school bus and several toy cars. I kept walking by and taking them. For a while he didn't notice, then finally he said "Hey Parks! My bus!" Then it started...the other students, the nurse, and I took turns running around with the bus, while T chased us. I had never seen him laugh so hard. Even after we gave the bus back to him. He'd bring it to us and tell us to run. I got the best work out.

What was it Elle Woods said? Exercise give you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people don't kill their husbands. Well then, good news for my husband! I wasn't even upset when he wanted to go play pool with his friends from work. We've been doing the Menopur at about 7, and I told him I could hold this one off til 8 so he could have a little longer.

Well, I guess I'm going to leave work now, I hope my good day keeps on coming!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how having a good day can make you feel so good. I'm glad you had one!

    What grade do you teach. I was at a Montessori school in Seattle for 3 years with 4-6 graders, but we just moved to Ohio for my hubby's job and I had trouble finding an opening so I decided to take some time off. But I do miss being in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! I love a great day! Hope the shots keep going well!

    ReplyDelete